Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Facilities

Why does the UN Security Council meeting chambers look like it's been untouched since 1952?  Shouldn't we get on top of LED projectors and touch screen monitors? Look at those blue chairs! I mean at least give em adjustable chairs, you know those people hate those chairs. Maybe that's what leads to some questionable decisions over the years? The fact that they are discussing in some post-nuclear underground facility without daylight could make for a few mistakes over the years.


I know that a work environment matters greatly to me.  A great aesthetically pleasing and functional workroom can make an individual more productive and happier.  And goodness do I know that my body looooooves me some sunshine!  I once worked in as hotel service agent answering phones in a room without windows and believe you me, I didn't last very long. It ended with me in tears and undeniably stressed out from the lack of human contact.

So my question is: how do you think you'd feel trying to make super duper important UN security decisions in this room?

3 comments:

  1. Good point! This reminds me. The aspect of light is what inspired the construction of the Lotus Temple in India. And the upcoming Temple of Light in Chile. http://news.bahai.org/story/800

    Imagine consulting in there!

    Ok, but I still wonder about the chairs. I need pillows, lots of comfy pillows... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the consulting could not be "enlightening" in there! (ha!)

    And I have seen that model for the temple there and it is just breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because LCD projectors could have bugs hidden in them!

    ReplyDelete